top of page

about us

D & E Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration provides quality workmanship and superior service with professional, dependable and knowledgeable technicians for your complete heating, air conditioning and indoor air quality products and systems, that's our promise to you.

 

Your home's comfort is important to us, that's why we only install the very best Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC) and indoor air quality products available, providing you with the utmost in energy savings, comfort, protection and preservation of your home and its belongings.

 

Whether you like to request more information, need to set up a service call, or are interested in installing a new HVAC system or comfort accessory, our finely trained staff is fully equipped to handle all of your HVAC equipment and indoor air comfort questions and needs.

Happy Mother with her Child

Frequently asked questions

  • How do I know if I need to replace or repair my system?
    Consider the Age of Your Air Conditioner or Furnace Here are the guidelines that ENERGY STAR recommends for replacing HVAC systems. • Replace air conditioners that are more than 10 years old • Replace furnaces or boilers that are more than 15 years old • Replace heat pumps that are more than 10 years old Consider the Costs of Repairing vs. Replacing • If repairing the systems is more than 50 percent of the cost of installing a new system, replace your HVAC system with a new one. • If your utility bills are going up, consider replacing the system to a new ENERGY STAR rated system, which will help you save on energy bills. • Consider the cost of repairing a system multiple times versus buying a new system. Older systems break down frequently and are less efficient. You are more likely to save money in the long run installing a new HVAC system. • If your air conditioner uses R-22 freon, replace your air conditioner. R-22 freon is hazardous to the environment and the ozone layer. You should have a more environmentally friendly air conditioner.
  • Is my current system safe?
    Safety should always be a concern when it comes to whether to replace or repair your HVAC system. Faulty furnaces can produce carbon monoxide, a deadly gas that is odorless. HVAC systems can also spread contaminants like mold spores, dust, bacteria, and more if not kept in good working order. A new air conditioner or furnace, properly installed, will help provide peace of mind. Deciding whether or not to repair or replace your HVAC system can be a difficult one. If you want to discuss your options with a specialist, we’re here to help.
  • How can I reduce my high energy bills?
    If you’re trying to save energy, understanding efficiencies is important. Twin City homeowners spend a hefty share of their energy budget on keeping their homes warm. Up to 50% or more of your utility bill goes toward heating and cooling your home. Furnaces are measure by Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE). The higher the number, the higher the efficiency. Older furnaces might have an AFUE rating as low as 70%, while newer gas-fired furnaces are required to have a minimum AFUE rating of 80%. This means that the furnace uses at least 80% of the fuel that it consumes to generate heat for your home. The other 20% goes out the flue. Updating to a high-efficiency furnace (96-98% AFUE) can be the quickest path to reducing high energy bills. Heat pumps are measured by Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF). The HSPF is a ratio of the heat output to electricity use over an average heating season, and the higher the HSPF the greater the energy efficiency. Also make sure to ask about how often to change your air filter.
  • Why Amana® Brand?
    Amana® is proudly designed, engineered, and assembled in the U.S.A., with the largest manufacturing plant located in Texas. Amana® offers hands down the BEST warranty in the business and is backed up by DE Heating and Cooling. If you’re ready to find out if a whole house humidifier is in your future, call us for a quote.
bottom of page